Thank you for visiting our Nursery page. We hope you enjoy looking around.
We will start this term with the topic ‘How high can you jump?’. We will be reading books such as ‘Dear Zoo’ and ‘Walking through the jungle.’ The children will have the opportunity to discuss and explore different animals, where they live and what they look like, before thinking about the way in which these animals move.
We are also hoping for a special visitor to come and spend some time with nursery showing the children a range of exciting and exotic animals.
Nursery are pleased to introduce ‘Reading Buddies’. Each week your child will bring home a book to share with their parents. We would like to invite parents into nursery on Tuesday 17th April at 11:10am (morning nursery) and 2:40pm (afternoon nursery) to discuss this exciting new opportunity.
Summer half term will end on Friday 25th May and children will return to school on Monday 11th June.
There is no formal homework in Nursery, however, please continue to borrow books from our Self Select Bookcase to read regularly to your child. Also, feel free to borrow from our Games Library. If you would like any further information or activities to do with your child do not hesitate to speak to any of the Nursery Staff.
We have added copies of some of the nursery rhymes we have been learning to the parent notice board in the cloakroom area. Please help yourselves and practise them at home too.
In Nursery we use lots of resources to help with the children’s learning. Some of the webpages that we use, the children can use at home. Below, you will find links to the webpages:
- Links to particular cbeebies games from areas of learning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/websites/eyfs/
- cbeebies stories and rhymes: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/drilldown/stories/2/4/1/
- Many games and songs including those relating to festivals: www.boowakwala.com
- Many stories and rhymes: http://www.lcfclubs.com/englishzone/practicezone/index.asp
- ABC Playschool. Videos and games: www.abc.net.au/children/play
- British Council “Learn English” – Songs and Stories: www.britishcouncil.org/kids-songs-little-kids.htm
- Some excellent numeracy and literacy resources: http://www.ictgames.com/
We try to encourage our children to become toilet trained as soon as possible. We will work our hardest with parents to toilet train the children. If you need any advice, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
If you have a smart phone you can now get the Abingdon Primary School App. With this App, you will be able to receive instant notifications from the nursery department directly, and from the school office, to help ensure you are up-to-date with all important information.
Click HERE to view our curriculum overview!
To get out regularly uploaded Letters home. Simply select the button below.