Thank you for visiting our Nursery page. We hope you enjoy looking around.
We hope you all had a wonderful Summer holiday! We will begin the term with the topic ‘All about me’. This will allow us to get to know each other as a new class! We will be reading books such as ‘My Mum & Dad make me laugh’. The children will have the opportunity to discuss their own families and home, whilst learning about the lives of our friends.
This term the children will be having a ‘Family Picnic’. All parents/guardians are invited to attend the picnic and meet your children’s new nursery friends and staff. Picnic times and dates are to be confirmed. We hope to see all families join the fun.
There is no formal homework in Nursery, however, please continue to borrow books from our Self Select Bookcase to read regularly to your child. Also, feel free to borrow from our Games Library. If you would like any further information or activities to do with your child do not hesitate to speak to any of the Nursery Staff.
We have added copies of some of the nursery rhymes we have been learning to the parent notice board in the cloakroom area. Please help yourselves and practise them at home too.
In Nursery we use lots of resources to help with the children’s learning. Some of the webpages that we use, the children can use at home. Below, you will find links to the webpages:
- Links to particular cbeebies games from areas of learning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/websites/eyfs/
- cbeebies stories and rhymes: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/drilldown/stories/2/4/1/
- Many games and songs including those relating to festivals: www.boowakwala.com
- Many stories and rhymes: http://www.lcfclubs.com/englishzone/practicezone/index.asp
- ABC Playschool. Videos and games: www.abc.net.au/children/play
- British Council “Learn English” – Songs and Stories: www.britishcouncil.org/kids-songs-little-kids.htm
- Some excellent numeracy and literacy resources: http://www.ictgames.com/
We try to encourage our children to become toilet trained as soon as possible. We will work our hardest with parents to toilet train the children. If you need any advice, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
If you have a smart phone you can now get the Abingdon Primary School App. With this App, you will be able to receive instant notifications from the nursery department directly, and from the school office, to help ensure you are up-to-date with all important information.
Click HERE to view our curriculum overview!
To get out regularly uploaded Letters home. Simply select the button below.